Thursday, November 16, 2006

Jake's Day at the Zoo!












Today Jake's class had their first field trip of the school year as well. I was very surprised to hear that they were planning on going to the zoo in mid-November. It was such an icy, windy and cold day-I was really nervous about the trip. I bought him some gloves last night, and put him in a sweatshirt and a turtleneck.

I guess they really did know what they were doing though! They spent most of the day in the exhibit buildings and got some real "behind the scenes" looks at what goes on not only at the zoo, but also in the geographical areas that each species live in!

He came home spouting all sorts of info regarding the rainforest, and climates, and China! I was pretty amazed with what he had learned!! Tomorrow he has another field trip--this one is with the stamp club, and they are going to a stamp show in Arlington Heights--I think he'll have a blast!

The boys have a "season pass" on tivo for a program called "Meerkat Manor". So he took a couple of pictures of the cute Meerkats. One is standing up looking like Timon--and the other looks like he's playing dead! So cute!!

0 comments: