Thursday, October 04, 2007

Lincoln Logs!!

I'm always amazed at the longevity of Lincoln Logs--you know--the little wooden sticks that you can build your own log cabin with? Well, my brother had them when we were little. We would play with them and build cabins for an hour or so--and then lose interest for awhile. Well, a LONG while. Sometimes a day, a week, a month--years! But then we would find them again and play with them, engrossed for hours--then forgotten.

My son was given Lincoln Logs when he was tiny. Kind of a 'nostalgia' gift from his grandma. He played...or threw most of them around for awhile--until he was a little older to figure it out. Then it was both of my older boys. They would play with them for hours building houses and forts--and calling me in to see their creations. And then, just like when we were little, they would be forgotten, then remembered, then forgotten. Today is a "Remember" day--and my two youngest are in the family room trying their hands at making a fort. It's kind of fun to see just how long lasting the idea of this toy really is.

0 comments: