Thursday, February 07, 2008

Through Rain, Snow, Sleet & Migraine!!

I just drove 1.5 hours to the nearest Krispy Kreme to get my son his birthday treat for his class. Now I will say, there is nothing better in the world than a hot, creamy Krispy Kreme donut--but even though they were hot when when we picked them up--nothing is going to stay warm during a 45 minute drive home--and there is NOTHING worse than a cold Krispy Kreme donut!

I got a late start today due to a funky cold and a migraine, but knew that Grayson would be so disappointed if I didn't make it today. So I ended up dropping off his treat 20 minutes before school got out! Bad Mom!! Bad Mom!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm jealous...the Krispy Kreme's in NM closed and they really wore the best donuts...now I crave them and can't fill the craving...Grayson's a lucky boy :)

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion!! When Krispy Kreme first opened here, they were offering buy one get one free on original glazed dozens. So I would take home an extra dozen, put them in a big ziploc bag, and put them in the freezer. Then, I would turn the oven on to 325 degrees, put the donuts on a cookie sheet right out of the freezer, and put them in the oven for a few minutes. The glaze soaks in a little, but they come out warm and tasting fresh! YUM.