Sunday, October 01, 2006

HEAT!!

Wow, it's not even officially summer yet, and I am dying!! Hard to remember living in Phoenix in the summer without the greatest of air conditioners! I survived, but I do remember how awful the nights were! I would shoot a spray bottle toward the ceiling fan, and love the cold wetness that flitted down on me! That seems like ages ago! I've always lived in a deseret! Born in one, raised in one, worked summers at the amusement park in one! It is called a desert, but it never really felt like especially when we moved to Arizona, now that is a desert!

We lived in Phoenix for 3 1/2 years. I had a baby there! I had a home daycare business with 5 other children plus my two! They were happy years, struggling years, homesick years! But then, after we got pregnant with baby number three--we loaded up the family and moved to the windy city! We moved the first week of August which was hell for the movers (husband, brother in law, and father in law) and we got to Chicago and it was still hot! Hot is hot! But sadly, just as Chicago was getting to be bitterly cold, Phoenix was going into it's glory days! I lived the whole Phoenix summer, and moved just before the payback came!!

I do miss Arizona, I will miss Chicago, but all in all, I want to go home! I want to go live by my mommy. To have "Gram's" around while my children still think Grandma's are cool! It will be several more years from now I'm sure! My husband just got an amazing job and "future" opportunity, and after his last horrible year, he deserves it! I wouldn't dream of asking him to give it up, not with the smile that is one his face as he walks in the door. The excitment of knowing that just around the bend, something big is coming! He's like a little boy at Christmas. I would never take that away from him!

I would love to buy a home next door to my mom. When we get the settlement check from my husband we really do have to put it somewhere untouchable or his family will nickle and dime us to death! So I would like to buy a home by my mom, and spend either the summer there, or the school year there! But when my husband moved to Arizona without us in1998, we stayed home to sell the house, we were apart for 7 months, and I vowed I would never do it again!

So I guess this is home, and like it or not...it's HOT!!

Just for my use:
Genki Desu Yo
Wild N Crazy Ride
Arizona Life
Mustard & Catsup
Coyote Connection
A Day In The Life Of Blog
Cheffin' It
The Nykaza Family

0 comments: