Tuesday, November 21, 2006

$25.00 Phone Call!!

This summer I was driving from Chicago to Utah with my kids. It was a long drive and we were doing great. Then outside of Laramie, Wyoming our car died! Long story short--we left the van in Laramie and rented a car to continue the drive. However, now we were many hours behind schedule. My cell phone was not working and I searched every freeway exit after Laramie to find a pay phone to call my mom. I finally found one, and couldn't get it to let me make a collect call, and I didn't have enough change for an out of state call. So what did I do? Yep, the most awful thing you could do! I made a credit card call! Didn't know until I got the credit card bill, but it cost me a whopping $25 BUCKS for a 5 minute phone call! I was sick to my stomach!

0 comments: