Sunday, December 03, 2006

Toys R Us!!

OHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOSSSSHHHHH!! Have any of you had horror stories when you are out shopping. Things that have just ticked you off so badly that you had to come home and write the CEO an email?? Well, I NEVER have until today!!

I went in to Toys R Us looking for several items. It was snowing outside and FREEZING. Barrett has to be held--so instead of carrying him and my big ol' purse--I just took my debit card. We wandered the aisles after finding what we needed browsing for some fun Christmas ideas and birthday ideas for Blakelynn. We get up to the front and there are batteries-which I need. I went to get them and they were $6.50. Amazingly high priced! The exact same pack (with the superman flashlight) are sold at the local grocery store for $4.40. So the cost is much higher-but I was willing to pay it because, in the snow, I didn't want to go anywhere else.

So we get up to the front counter and this teenager starts swiping my items. When I go to swipe my card--she literally whips the debit/credit card machine out of my hands. "I have to see you ID, before you can use this." What??? Never have I had to do that here before. So I explain--Snow--heavy baby--bulky purse--just debit card and PIN number. Nope--not good enough. She wants me to take my 4 kids-babe in arms-and walk back out into the snow, all the way to my car, get my ID, and walk back to the store through the snow with 4 kids and babe in arms!

I told her that if I was leaving the store to get anything--I wouldn't be coming back. And she was all, "Well, that's up to you, but you can't use a credit card here without it!" Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!

So we walked out--drove up to Target, grabbed the same items (plus, cheaper pack of same batteries) and walked out with a $25.00 less bill than it was at Toys R US, and I didn't have some dumb teenager calling me a theif until I proved that I wasn't!!!

Yeah Target!!! I used my debit card and PIN, and I saved the cash--I should have just gone there to begin with! I will from now on!

1 comments:

mucward said...

I do feel sorry for you in the snow and children but, i think if more stores would check id's to the credit/debit card there would be alot less theft. It is funny you say Target, just 1 1/2 weeks ago some took my debit card and went to Target 8 times and charged over 600 dollars. My card says see I.D. and no one ever checked. Yes, my card is backec by Mastercard but this will take 4-6 weeks to clear and in the meantime my account is 1,ooo dollars short and have alot of overdraft fees but will be cleared and still its a pain while I wait 4-6 weeks. If you want to steal a card use it at Target