Wednesday, April 25, 2007

GOD Bless America!!












I have to tell you--I was near tears with pride last night. NBA fans are 150% more patriotic than hockey fans. I used to go to hockey games with my husband, and yes the men in the audience would take their caps off (if they remembered)--but absolutely less than 10% of the crowd put their hands on their hearts as they sang the National Anthem. Last night as soon as the flags lit up on the floor and the Naval Officers began their march--cheers began. Hat's were off, hands were on hearts--and people were singing along with the man with the microphone. At all of the fabulous points of the song the entire building would erupt into cheers, and at the end there was a pyro-technics moment. It was amazing! How proud I am to be a citizen of this country. How proud I am of this country. How proud and amazed I am at the amazing spirit of our young men and women who serve or have served in the armed forces to protect our country. They fought, bled and died so that we have every freedom we enjoy. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

0 comments: