Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"Keep Moving Forward"!!

Last week, we took the four kids to see Meet The Robinson's. It was the one movie that both of the older boys could agree on. Me--well, I wasn't too sure about it! It's not really my type of movie at all--but as any good mom does--I did what my kids wanted to do! Holy Cow did it take forever for the movie to start! Not a good situation when you have a 2 year old sitting next to you, strapped into his car seat--with a very LIMITED attention span!! He was just about ready to leave by the time the show actually started! I should mention that Blakelynn found the original Mickey Mouse cartoon fantastically fabulous!!

The movie finally started and moved steadily along, until I turned to my husband and said--"What's going on? Who are these people? and Why are we meeting them? Not that they were amusing folks--just highly confusing--how a man married to a hand puppet can have 2 kids--to having just met a family of people who are willing to risk life and limb to save a kid they just met--and a kid rude enough to keep his baseball hat on at the dinner table!! But after time--the story did "slow down" and let me catch up! I pretty much knew who "Louis" was the whole time--and even recognized the old lady makin' cookies--as being the over caffeinated science fair lady--but I was pleasantly surprised at the end to see that they were his parents! Now yes--they adopted him--but like any adopted parent will tell you--they were his parents!!
I thought the ending was cute--much more under control than the beginning--but it wasn't until the screen went black and this quote came up:

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

That I truly got chills. Walt Disney didn't change the world like Louis/Cornelius did--but you have to admit--that man single handedly changed the world!! All in all, it was a great kids movie--my 4 sat contentedly through the entire (and I mean ENTIRE) thing--and even would like to see it again! That's a winner in my book--even if I didn't find it nearly as enjoyable as they did!!

1 comments:

Principal Sal said...

We LOVED this movie too. We saw the 3D version and the kids were totally into it! Thanks for posting the awesome Walt Disney quote. I am using it in my faculty meeting TOMORROW! I can't wait to buy this movie. There were so many teachable messages in it!