Sunday, May 24, 2009

Accelerated Reading!!

I think it's funny--kids and school. All of my kids have loved school-pretty much from the moment that they could go to school. Grayson didn't want to go to school today because he doesn't want to be a part of the Accelerated Reading program anymore, and today is a test on his last book. I told him that since he didn't want to go, he would get a zero on the test because he wouldn't be taking it--so why not just take the test, and guess at the answers. Either way-if you are planning to take a zero-what does it matter if you take the test and fail? And with a multiple choice test-you may actually get one or two right even without reading the story. So then he tells me--he read the book in school, and could probably pass the test. I'm sorry, why were we having this discussion??? You read the book, you could pass the test...then go to school and pass the test! Goof Ball!

0 comments: