Sunday, August 12, 2007

Abstract Emotions!! Part II

I'm on top of the world today! Joyful! I had a family reunion to go to on my husbands side, and I have been working for 3 years on his family history. I have names and dates for so many of his relatives and distant-distant relatives, but other than his immediate family up to his grandfather-I don't know what any of these people that I've been working with look like. Tonight at the reunion, someone brought out a plaque and up at the top 2 inches by 2 inches was a wedding picture of this man and this woman. They were hard to see, but I was amazed that I was seeing them. At the end of the night I asked her to make a copy of this plaque for me--as it's the only picture I'd ever see with this man in it.

A few minutes later she tapped me on the shoulder and said, "This picture?" There this picture was 16 x 20. I could see every dimension of this couple--and this man Wojiech Nykaza that died in 1929 stood before me--and you know what...he was as handsome as I'd imagined him! Of course he was, my oldest and my youngest look just like him! I got chills and a little teary as I looked into the face of this man that I have searched for--and his wife, whose family line I can take back to 1775 in Kozia Wola, Poland! It was a GREAT day!!

If you want to take part in this fun, new Meme--Our Abstract Emotions - Edition 2, head on over to Eve's blog!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up practically on the spot where my ancestors started their lives in Canada in the 1700's. There were lots of pictures and keepsakes from the 1800's at my parents' house. They still felt special even though they weren't hard to come by.

I can imagine how this discovery must have made you feel.

Anonymous said...

How nice! Glad you had a great day! And thanks for joining in the meme!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why the picture of the colt is there with your blog, but I sure did think it was cute. love Mom