Thursday, August 02, 2007

I Can't Believe I Actually Went!!

I'm trying to get back into my "Blog Groove"! I've been sick for the past several weeks, as well as all of the crazy stuff that goes on with life in the summer. Four kids home all day, buying a house, vacationing--you name it--it all happened during the month of July! So I'm going to work really hard to get back into it all!

Finally, after 3 weeks of being sick--and a week of being deaf in my right ear and a day of being deaf in both--I finally went into the urgent care center. Turns out--I have Bronchitis! Both of my ear drums are sucked in (yeah, I could have told you that!!) So I left with a prescription for an antibiotic and a nasal spray.

The doctor gave me a nasal spray with a steroid in it, and then told me that it won't work as quickly as over the counter Afrin, but my nose won't get addicted to it. Now I'm sorry--did I mention I've been deaf for a week? If there is something to get this cleared up fast--I'm going to use it! Afrin here I come!

After using the steroid spray, 2 hours later in the grocery store--I finally got my right ear to pop. It was awesome--except that instead of the congested fuzz I'd been hearing for a week--I heard the sound of rushing water. It didn't last. Soon both ears were funky and it literally sounded like I was speaking through a microphone. And now...I'm deaf again! I will try the Afrin again before I go to bed--and hope to get this ear thing cleared up.

1 comments:

Principal Sal said...

I am sorry you are sick....again! I am FLAD you actually went to the Dr. You must get better..you have so much going on in the next few weeks. Make sure you take all of your antibiotics and good luck with the ears. I can't wait to see pics of your trip!