Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My How Things Have Changed!!

I just wrote a post about shopping for an apartment online--and how amazing it is that you can do that. Then I realized--I just spent the last 6 months shopping for a home online--and even bought one that I found on a website. How amazing is that?

The internet was very, very new when I was in high school. I remember my little brother would string a phone cord to the computer (I would have to climb over or crawl under it to get to my room) and he would sit for hours. I, however, logged on to his AOL account one day--and I was off in 3 seconds. I was on--but I didn't know what to do once I got there.

How amazing it is to my brain that you can literally find anything and everything online! My 11th grade Chemistry teacher read "Twas The Night Before Christmas" that had been transposed into scientific language. I remember it was so clever and just for the heck of it one day I put the first line of the poem into the search engine. With a search like "Twas the nocturnal segment of the diurnal period" how could I possibly find it. But I did--the entire poem that I heard 20 years ago--and there it was...online! I don't think there is anything that I've gone looking for online that I haven't found.

From getting on the internet for 3 seconds and logging off 20 years ago--to buying a house online--My how things have changed!!

0 comments: