Monday, August 20, 2007

The Wiggles Concert!!

My camera is in the car--so I will have to download the pictures tomorrow, but today was The Wiggles concert. Now I know--I'm 36 years old--and in my life I have been to a Sheena Easton concert, a U2 concert, Howard Jones concert and some freezing cold rainy concert at Park West that I can't think of at the moment (must not have been that good)!!

But in the past 10 years I have been to three Wiggles concerts. I thoroughly enjoyed them all--except for todays. No, it had nothing to do with the new Yellow Wiggle Sam--I went fully expecting to see him--and he did great. I was the most disappointed with the entire "ballet" theme. Way too heavy on the ballet. Plus, what was up with all of the nursery rhymes? I can get my child's preschool teacher to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider for a whole lot less than $35 per ticket! I came to see my little 2 year old dance and sing along to the songs he knows.

Ok--THAT is a bold faced lie!! I came to see Anthony (Blue Wiggle) Field! YUMMY YUMMY! I've gone to all three Wiggle concerts to see him. Imagine my shock and horror when we get to the first one to find his understudy in his place because he was sick!! Soooooo NOT cool! But Murray stopped by to talk to Grayson--so I think that more than made up for it!

Yes, I know--Anthony is married with three kids--that's Ok--I'm married with 4! I really don't want anything like "that" from Anthony--I just want to take him home and stand him in the corner looking all "Hot Tamale"--and singing to me! Yeah--I'm good! Not sure what the hubby would think--but I can tell you Grayson and Barrett would LOVE it!

Ok--so enough about my daydreams---My husband took a photo of the "tot appropriate" pyrotechnics around The Wiggle's sign and made it his wallpaper on his cell phone. It made me laugh! His whole life he has been a heavy metal fan--in fact after we were married he got two tickets to Metalica when they came to Utah--he took a friend, cause I wouldn't have enjoyed it! So here is my sweetheart walking around with the Wiggles on his phone.

From Metalica to the Wiggles---we are SO getting OLD!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy Yummy! That made me laugh! My daughter was a bit older when the Wiggles came out, so I didn't see them in our house too much. However, I have to say, there is something mesmerizing about them when they start singing! Maybe because I can actually understand the words in their songs and can sing along! Don't think I could've handled a whole concert of them though, you're a good Mom!