Monday, October 01, 2007

October 1st!!

October is one of my favorite months. I don't know why--it just always has been. Probably because is a "cool" month, not hot like summer, not frosty like winter. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays--and finally it isn't too hot to cook the hearty stuff! Pot Roast and stewed veggies, Curried Rice, and Beef Stew. All count among my favorite dishes.

Julie Andrews was born October 1st, 1935, Walter Matthau in 1920 and Richard Harris, the original (and best)Albus Dumbledore, in 1933. The first Model T was produced in Detroit in 1908, The People's Republic Of China created by Mao Tse-Tung in 1949, and Disneyworld opened in Florida in 1971.

Pele, the most renown soccer player retired today, in 1977. Watergate trial began in 1974, in 1969 the Concorde breaks the sound barrier. Julliard opened in New York in 1905, and the Red Cross was founded in 1881.

Pretty good things all in all! I've left a couple things out--but a pretty good day! We'll just have to see what October 1st, 2007 has to offer the world!

1 comments:

mercymom said...

October 1st is also the day I got married to my sweet husband Daniel!! Yay!!