Thursday, November 15, 2007

Success Of Liberty!!

My sister Steph was in town yesterday with her husband and son and we went to the Field Museum to see Sue the T-Rex. When you go to the museum you have to park at Soldier Field and walk across the street. On our way out there was a quote by John F. Kennedy that I was stunned to read. I wanted a picture of that monument so badly but I was soooooo sick that Barrett and I left early to go sleep in the car while the others enjoyed all that the museum has to offer.

As we passed it on the way in, I again wanted the picture, but was honestly barely upright--so I didn't stop. Today--I did look the quote up--and I'm putting it here. I love it because it comes from a Democrat. It comes from the "Golden Boy" of the grand Democratic past--and yet--it is so meaningful today. I'm sure it would never be brought up in today's political/media blind world--but I wanted to post it--because it IS America--and I'm proud to be an American!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Kennedy, and I'm sure this was written by a speech writer--but so poignant and true today as it was 30 years ago!

0 comments: