Saturday, December 08, 2007

Blake's Final Cake!!



Ok, you saw my trial run last week. Here is the finished product. I had to do it today, because unlike the cake decorators that compete on the Food Network, I take around 7 hours to do one little cake! I think she looks beautiful-- maybe a little too pink--but finished!! I actually added petite coats and ruffles to this one--as well as a bow around her waist that ripples down the back of her dress. Yes, I could play with fondant all day long!!

What is fun, and hard to see with the ruffles--they are all scalloped--and then there is a little hole punch just like in real ruffle lace. Yes, I went a little (OK, maybe A LOT) overboard!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

WOW Robyn! That is an amazing piece of art you've got there.

agreenearth said...

WOW that is a masterpiece, congratulations.

BenSpark said...

That is an awesome cake, I thought the blue one was great but this was awesome. You went all out for the party. Great job!

Table4Five said...

Holy cow! It's almost too pretty to eat!

Lynne said...

How could you ever bring yourself to cut into such a beautiful work of art! That is just amazing what you're able to do with frosting! Have you done this professionally? WOW!!