Sunday, November 16, 2008

Strange Little Quirks!!

I was talking to my mom last night about something silly. Street names! I find it kind of strange that I have such a drastic opinion on something so trivial, but there you have it. Down the street from me there is a street named "Kaskaskia". I'm sorry, but that is HORRID, and it's not even the worst I've ever heard!

When we first bought our house I was so happy to have the street name "Devonshire". To me it sounds so quaint and rustic. I almost expect to find a courtyard out front with a sconce or two on the brick. I love, love, love the sound of it.

Growing up the East side of Salt Lake City was considered higher 'class' than the west side. Our little 'village' was on the west side Farmington (suburb) and honestly, I hated that. But it was a beautiful area...how strange to hate it just because it was West. But even today the West is nowhere near as 'cool' as the East side. BUT, we lived in Oakridge Village which was next to Oakridge Farms and I have to say I MUCH preferred living in a Village rather than a Farm...silly huh!

Do you have any strange little quirks about your likes and dislikes?

0 comments: