Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Drive

I have been looking at rates for rv parks and extended stay motels around the Salt Lake area for our summer trip. We are spending 2 weeks with my mom, but I really don't want to drive 20 hours one way to only stay in town for 2 weeks. It's a very long and miserable drive.

We spend the night in Kearney, Nebraska. The hotel there has water slides that my kids love, so that portion of the drive works for them. It's just the other 19 hours of the drive!

People think I'm crazy for driving alone with four kids across the country, but with airline prices as high as they are, there is just no other choice. So we'll pack up the portable DVD player and the laptop and hope to make some good time. This is the ONE portion of the trip that I'm not excited about!

0 comments: