Monday, February 12, 2007

Goin' Home!!

My parents are snowbirds and were supposed to be leaving Phoenix today, but extended until tomorrow--which is when we leave. They are driving the truck and pulling the 5th wheel and they like to make it through Vegas before rush hour hits--so they will be leaving early in the morning tomorrow. Our flight isn't until 6:25 pm, but after our horrid experience on the way here--we will be heading to the airport 2 1/2 hours early!! Plus, with my mom gone, and my aunt and uncle working--there is no one to hang with -- so we will go visit our old house and take some pictures. Let the boys check out the new hockey arena and football stadium just up the street from our old house. I may take them by America West Arena--since they are both NBA addicts, and then to the airport for the evening flight home to dad and to school the next day!

I will miss Phoenix immensely! Even though I wasn't born here--Phoenix is home! I often wonder why my depression didn't hit until we moved to Chicago--and I realize now that Palm Trees make me smile! There is now question about it--they lift my mood immeasurably!

I haven't slept well on this trip--awake every hour--so it will be nice to finally be home in my own bed and hopefully sleeping better! Plus--I haven't gotten to blog in nearly a week! I guess I'm going through withdrawals because I'm now dreaming about it!

But I will be home and back to my normal schedule in just 37 short hours!!

0 comments: