Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's Coming!!

I talked to my mom today. She lives in Utah-and it turns out--it's snowing there! Now why is this blog worthy you ask??? Because--what ever weather they get-we get 1 week later. And according to the weatherman in Utah-their storm should last about a week. So in one week, we will get more snow, and it will last for a week! I HATE THAT!!

My parents are heading out to Chicago for a visit at the end of the month. I can never wait for these visits. Even though I just saw my mom in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago--I can't wait to see her again.

We are heading into Anniversary season. My parents have been married for 27 years this July--and they still celebrate their little anniversaries. The first time they laid eyes on each other, their first date, their engagement and of course, their marriage. My dad is such a gem, that my mom and I were just talking the other day about how amazed we still are - 27 years later- that he's ours!! My mom is my best friend and I treasure her in my life--but along side her is my dad! He's a marvelous, amazing, fabulous, SAINTLY man--and I adore him!!

So I will just say that I'm so thankful that 27 years ago this week--my parents laid eyes on each other. Followed by a week or two of my dad trying to track down that "angel in the ivory dress" that was conducting the function! Luckily--he was successful in his quest!!

0 comments: