Thursday, March 15, 2007

Beware The Ides Of March!!

I was an Enlish Lit major in college. I LOVE Shakespeare! I sit & read him for hours because I just get lost in his words...No, literally, I get lost!! I have no idea what the man is saying!! But on the same note--nothing is more wonderful to watch than a play or movie in which the actors understand what is being said. The play "Much Ado About" Nothing is a classic example of this. It's a comedy--I read it, and I didn't get it--it wasn't very funny to me! But to watch the movie with Kenneth Branagh and Denzel Washington--it clicked, & it is hilarious!! The humor is in the intonation & then the language just flows.

I mentioned that today was the "Ides of March" to my husband, & asked him where it's from--our classic trivia contest--he responded Romeo & Juliet. Now, I have to say--I was impressed that he even got around to Shakespeare--but no--it was Julius Caesar!!

hmmmmm, now I'm going to have to watch the movie again!!

0 comments: