Thursday, April 02, 2009

Very Scary Night!!

Saturday night I woke up with a terrible stomach ache. My mind immediately began racing trying to figure out what I had eaten to cause such a problem. I was in and out of bed trying to get comfortable--but nothing was working. I didn't sleep at all. When my husband got up at 6 a.m. he found me in a really strange position on the couch. Hey--I was trying anything! After he left for work-I went back to bed and when the sun came up--I called my parents. My mom had just suffered through a week of 'questionable' food poisoning--but her symptoms and mine were totally different. They drove over and watched the kids while I tossed and turned on the bed. I got up several times to throw up--but other than that, I was in bed. My parents had to catch their flight home (what a terrible last day with my parents!!) so my husband came home and picked up all 4 kids and took them to his mom's house. Shortly after he left-the pain localized-and it was confirmed (by me) to be appendicitis. I've had so many attacks before--that I was suspecting it was--but it had been 10 years since I'd had the last attack, so I wasn't really sure--but YEP!! I remember now!!

So now I'm home all alone--with appendicitis! I found my insurance card just in case I needed to head to the Emergency Room. I spent the entire day in bed--which was nice considering the fact that I hadn't slept at all the night before!! When I woke up this morning my appendix was still tender--and I couldn't stand up straight--but I'm hoping the worst is through! I kept Jacob home from school so he could help me take care of the two little ones. I'm definitely not "quick" enough to keep up with them today!

As fine as I'm feeling right now--all I can think of is the DAYS it's going to take me to 're-claim' my house!! But at least I'm not in the hospital!!

0 comments: