Monday, July 09, 2007

Relocation!!

Well--it is officially time to start packing! This is going to be a "new" kind of move for us and one that I'm kind of struggling a little with. You will never find anyone as "nostalgic" or sentimental as me--trust me--it isn't possible--this will be the first time in our married life that we are moving but staying in the area. Our first move was from Utah to Arizona--then from Arizona to Chicago. Now we are moving from the Chicagoland area to the Chicagoland area! I've never done that--if I want to visit one of our old homes-I have to take an airplane. This one--I just have to drive up the street! The hardest part of any of our moves was getting the extra car here. The company that we were using didn't offer auto transport and with a two car family and a moving van--we weren't quite sure what we were going to do! We have had it pretty easy though, friends of ours from the Hotel have moved to Germany for two years--can you imagine having to set up international shipping? Customs and documentation has got to be crazy with that!

With this move we are looking to do most of it ourselves--and then find moving companies that we can hire movers for just the day to come and move all of the heavy stuff. My poor husband certainly can't do that--and there isn't anyway that I could do it either!

We do have to talk to the bank today about the mortgage application that we've turned in. We should be able to get the pre-approved letter tomorrow--and we will turn our offer in tomorrow after we see the house we want to buy tomorrow morning. Then all of the fun starts! Now that we will have a contract and and address, I can start looking into home owners insurance. I've been pricing some--but with no home to really insure--it was kind of a waste of time!

As things pan out more this week--I will fill you all in on what is going on! Oh--and I'll put pictures up too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I've always wondered how people do that, move from one house to another in the same area! We're in our 5th home and all have been in different states! I look forward to seeing your pictures. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Stumbled on your site...LOVE LOVE!!!

I'll be back and oh, good luck!!