Thursday, September 27, 2007

Schedules!!

I'm still feeling pretty overwhelmed that our schedule hasn't fallen neatly back into place since the move. Life used to be so much easier--my boys got up all last year with an alarm clock. This year, we haven't even found where we packed the alarm clock. I wake them up, toss them their clothes and head down to make breakfast. I've struggled even with ideas on how to make a healthy yummy breakfast. Then no matter what, there is always a rush out the door to the bus. I don't understand it. It's like I'm in a funk, and haven't quite figured out what I'm doing wrong. They have their homework done the night before (in most cases) and their backpacks are packed and hanging on their hooks before they go to bed--yet some how, every morning we are racing to get backpacks together, shoes on and their hoodies. I seem to always be saying to one of them, "If the bus comes, get on as slowly as possible. Your brother is on his way out the door." Man--I say that a lot! So I will be re-working the evening schedule to figure out where I can improve on the morning rush!

0 comments: