Monday, October 29, 2007

The Big Event!!

I have to tell you--it was a lot of work. A lot of planning, a lot of Prep and mostly...A LOT OF FUN! We had nearly 40 people in our house--and I have to say, it held them all just fine! I do need to give a lot of credit to my husbands family--they are all my favorite people in the world, so it's pretty hard not to have a great party when they are all involved!

The little kids played downstairs with the toys and the ATV like I'd hoped they would. The older kids and teens played football and baseball in the backyard. The adult men crowded around the BBQ and around the race in the family room. And us ladies gathered around the kitchen table for appetizers and conversation!

We had a tailgate party theme. It was really fun. The food was amazing--my husband cooked. I made a couple of "Bears" colors Jello salads and a slew of desserts. The biggest amount of work went into his cake. It is a Costco cake but the football on top was made by me. It isn't hard, and it is one of my favorite things to do--so honestly--I can't complain! Barrett loved it because he is such a big football fan.

Friday night we took him to dinner at dad's restaurant. At the end all of the servers came out with a candle laden brownie sundae, and they all sang Happy Birthday to him. It was the loudest song I've ever heard, but I guess when it's the bosses son, you sing your heart out. When they got to the part where they say his name, he buried his face in my arm--so shy. We didn't get a picture of it, so last night I was determined not to miss a minute. This time when we get to his name his mouth drops open and he turns around to his uncle Bob. Yep, I was on the wrong side of the table--but you can kind of see his shocked little face before he turns--it's really cute!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday and he looks so happy! I love the video, thanks for sharing. :-D