I just spent the evening with my carpet cleaner! Yep, brand new house--and that thing gets used more than my vacuum cleaner! I wish I could say that it was because of the fact that I have four kids--but to be honest, it's because I have a two year old! Two of the accidental spills were upstairs. One in the hallway between the bedrooms, and one in the older boys closet. Two stains--both pee! Yep, I hate potty training! The third mess was in my living room, and honestly, it was my fault.
This morning it was really chilly in the house, so I made the boys a hot cocoa protein drink. Very nice, toasty warm, they enjoyed it--but at 7:30 a.m. I forgot to put the canister containing the chocolate protein powder back into the pantry. Skip to 5 p.m. when I start to smell chocolate. I look back toward the stove--where I had left the canister, and my stomach dropped. The canister was gone! So I followed my sniffer to the a huge, chocolaty powder mess! It was everywhere, and even though the vacuum did a relatively good job, I was still left with a brown haze over most of the mid-section. I worked it over several times with the carpet cleaner--and it looks fine since there are no lights in the living room to highlight the carnage--but it's still there and it will bother me until we replace the carpet...or move!
But finally--the boys are in bed--and the younger two are slowly but surely getting ready to snuggle down--and then Mommy Time is OVER!!