Sunday, November 18, 2007

Christmas Tree!!

We have a family tradition of putting our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. However, this year, Jake's 10th birthday is the day after Thanksgiving and we have a family birthday party. So we decided to put it up early. Our kids are out of school this whole week--so we thought it would be a fun activity for the family their first day out of school! They had a blast decorating the tree--all of our homemade gingerbread men made of salt dough are still in the oven drying. Once they are done--we will decorate them, get their little red and white bows on them--and hang them as well! I hope they turn out really cute!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those ornaments are really cute! I really want to put a tree up but we need to buy a better artificial one, our old one is looking pretty ratty.

Sal Gal said...

That is a beautiful tree! I wanna get my stuff out, but for now I am busy unpacking suitcases!! I hope to put the Christmas up this weekend. I wish you were coming "home" for Christmas. The kids keep asking when we are going to have a "cousins" Santa party again!

Anonymous said...

I was just sitting here thinking I wouldn't mind putting up our tree today! My daughter is off this week also and my husband is out of town so it would give us a nice project to do together.
I love your turtle ornament!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I haven't been able to interest my son in helping to decorate the tree yet, and my husband's the Bah Humbug type, so I wind up doing it all on my own. The only benefit? Standing there with a box full of candy canes saying "One for the tree, one for me. One for the tree, one for me...".