Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Was Mistaken!!

A few years ago we went to Jackson Hole for a family reunion. We stayed in cabins up at Coulter's Bay, and although it was "foresty" it really wasn't to mountainous. But several weeks before our trip there were a couple of boy scouts that got lost in the mountains, and as a way to keep her grandchildren safe, my mother bought them each a camping whistle that came with a compass and little binoculars. It was a cute little set, inexpensive, but cute.

The last couple of weeks my kids have been running around the house with these binoculars, holding them backward so that it looked like you were really far away instead of just a couple of feet. I was surprised to see that they still had these binoculars (we aren't known for knowing where items are at any particular time) and I had no problem letting them continue to play with them.

They wanted me to look through them to play along and as I took them in my hands I thought they seemed nicer now than they did 2 years ago. Well....they were! These were Nikon binoculars that my husband had won at a golf tournament, worth about $200!! Needless to say...they aren't playing with them anymore!

0 comments: