Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year Headaches

My husband has been working obscene hours these past few weeks. When they first opened the restaurant they began with a "second class" POS system. It was supposed to be in sync with their bookkeeping program, but the two never seemed to match up. After 3 years of headaches, and with the new year fresh...they finally decided to switch POS systems to one that is actually integrated into their books. The problem??? My husband is the only one with the knowledge on how to migrate everything over from one system to the new one. It doesn't help that he's the head chef, and in every meeting someone decides to throw. So his hours are getting later and later every night.

Normally I don't mind, but in the next week, the boys' basketball seasons begin, and I'm just not up to handling both schedules on my own...I'm hoping for some help!

0 comments: